Tuesday, April 15, 2008

March 2008: UK and Paris

Wow.. it's been a while since I traveled. I got bogged down by life - a marriage, a promotion at work and a new spiritual journey.

For my honeymoon, I went to UK and Paris. It was a remarkable trip. I have been to London in 2002 but that was for a week and it was limited to Greater London. This time round, we went to Reading, Bath, Oxford and Cambridge. We even visited Stonehenge. And of course, the romantic city, Paris. Paris is indeed what they say - it's beautiful.. it's charming.. it's so full of magic.

And it was in Paris that I saw the obelisk that the Egyptian government gave to France. This obelisk was from the Temple of Karnak. I saw it's sisters in Luxor in 2002.

We were in Europe in March. It's supposed to be the beginning of spring. The forecast said that it will be gloomy and dark but we were very fortunate to have warm sun for most of our trip. Even though there is sun, it was still cold. On the week when we were leaving, it started snowing! Snow is just so beautiful. This is the first time we saw snow falling down from the sky and it was an experience. Unfortunately, it didn't get any thicker :P

My wife and I had a good time. It was a good 3 week break-away from work.