Thursday, January 19, 2006

December 2005 - January 2006: Dallas, USA

I spent Christmas 2005 and New Year 2006 in Dallas, on a business trip. This is my second time to Dallas. I came here in Spring 2003. This time, I am spending winter in Dallas.

Before I came, my colleagues told me that it's going to be a cold winter. They had ice storm in 2004. When my manager visited Dallas in January 2005, it was below 0. So I was prepared. I came with a few winter jackets. My luggage was full.

And it turned out to be a very pleasant winter. Temperature was around 15'C to 22'C. The sun was shinning everyday. My colleagues said it is very unusual but I am happy, nevertheles. The picture on the left was taken by the swimming pool in the hotel where I stayed. Look at the clear, blue skies. Don't be fooled though as the temperature was around 18'C despite the bright sun light.

I didn't travel much in this trip. I stayed put in Dallas. Work was cruel. I clocked 10-12 hours everyday so I didn't really have the mood to go sight see. Besides, Dallas is boring. There's not much to see. Also, I couldn't bear to go to other cities alone, not without Anne.

My only activities are shopping and movies.. and work, of course. I shopped so much that I wonder how I am going to pack everything to my already full luggage. I'm worried now..

My nightly entertainment is TV, again I am glued to "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", just like 3 years ago. I did play some games: Space Rangers 2 and Civ 4 but I just prefer to lie on the bed watching TV and DVD (Friends 10). I was addicted to a reality show, Project Runaway on Bravo TV. It's a fashion designer reality TV show. Quite exciting and not many bitching found in most reality TV. So these have kept me company.

I didn't have a white Christmas nor a white New Year. I did spend Christmas on an American home, so that's a little bit different. Other than that, it's a typical day in Dallas.

I love the weather though.

Some of my thoughts are in Ringgit (Jan 06 and Dec 05), so you might want to stop there to see..