Monday, December 06, 2010

Dec 2010: Bangalore

Bangalore - the city that is 3,200 meter above sea level - is the first Indian city I have the fortune to be in. It was a business meeting and I arrived at 23.30 local time. The temperature was pleasant, 20C, on a December night. After I board the cab, the first few sign boards that I saw were IBM, Yahoo! (in fact, Yahoo! logo is right smacked in the middle of a roundabout) and Taco Bells. How American can this city get.

However, right after the airport, I was sucked into 1920s... the outskirts of Bangalore looks like Malaysia in the 1920s, or any small town in the countryside. It looks undeveloped and full of mud-like barrier at the side of the road. There are a couple of 'buildings' - more like shacks to me. Perhaps it is too dark to see really well. I have arrived in the city in 40 minutes but could not enjoy it yet. I will post more. The hotel was nice though.