Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May 2005: Pangkor Island



May 21-23, 2005:

Alpinesis, Lina, Anne and I went to Pangkor Island, Malaysia for a little getaway. It's a couples trip and we had a damn good time. I have never been to Pangkor and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality accomodation and good amenities in this island off the coast of Perak. We rented four mountain bikes and toured the whole island with our poor little legs. It was a torturous 5-hour ride. Mind you, Pangkor is not a flat piece of land. Riding uphill with these untrained legs under the hot afternoon sun were not something to joke about. Nevertheles, we enjoyed ourselves and had lots of fun.

Food (lunch + dinner) were taken in small Chinese restaurants and all of us would vouched that the dishes tasted much better than those found in Kuala Lumpur - or perhaps it was the company that matters, after all.. hehehee...

I would even ventured to say that I learned a lot of things about Anne that I like and that our relationship had grown much stronger after the trip.

The sand-work in the photo above is drawn by Anne. It's beautiful. The photo did not do it any justice. My version sucked so bad that I did not even dare put it out for people to see.. LOL..
Posted by Hello