Saturday, November 27, 2004

Egyptian blogs

I was bored and started to click on the "Next blog" on the top right and came upon this interesting blog by an Egyptian. His blog pointed to another blog which was an extremely good read about life in Egypt.

This other blog was written by a lady whom I thought was an excellent writer. She's a Canadian and have been staying in Egypt for the past 20+ years. She describes life in Cairo, life as a Muslim, life in the country side and, fortunately, did not venture much into politics and war (unlike most of the blogs I found). It's a delight to read this blog. I would say that her blog is as entertaining as the stories told by Mido except hers are story of current affairs in Egypt, not historical.

I have spent the whole Saturday afternoon reading this and if you are bored and wanted to know more about life in Egypt, click on:

http://miloflamingo.blogspot.com/
"Egypt isn't what it appears to be in the media...but that's no real surprise, since not much is. I moved here in the late 80's from Toronto, Canada, with my Canadian/Egyptian husband, my son and my daughter. The children adapted quickly and we decided that this country was a good place to live. Now I wouldn't change my home for anything."